Re: Another tale of Windows idiocy: the mouse scroll wheel.

Sujet : Re: Another tale of Windows idiocy: the mouse scroll wheel.
De : danmin (at) *nospam* danminart-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (Danart)
Groupes : comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date : 07. May 2024, 07:04:17

 > Alan wrote:
 > I'm sitting here, forced to use a Windows desktop (and I'm
remembering
 > all over how terribly UGLY Windows is) while I wait for migration
 > complete on my new M3 MacBook Air, and I thought I would reverse
the
 > scrolling direction on the mouse to be more like what I'm used to.
 >
 > Now, honestly, I'm quite adaptable as I work with lots of different

 > systems, and have to simply roll with whatever my client at any
moment
 > uses, but...
 >
 > ....I assumed this would be an obvious control to have somewhere in
the
 > broken mess that is Settings and Control Panel mouse settings.
 >
 > I opened Settings...
 >
 > ....checked the various things you change about the mouse there...
 >
 > ....and... ...nothing. Nothing useful to this case anyway.
 >
 > Then I remembered that Microsoft's settings for the mouse are
 > idiotically broken across two different interfaces, so I checked
Control
 > Panel...
 >
 > ....and still nothing.
 >
 > So I check online and would you look at that:
 >
 > The only solution to changing the scrolling direction of the mouse
in
 > Windows is...
 >
 > ....TO CHANGE THE REGISTRY!

Just buy a wireless mouse +
keyboard combo like the ones from logitech and so many other choices.

If not then get a track-pad ( those red ball thingies ).

Why are you still using those out of date things? For the scroll
button ?

1980's Japan had the "Electric Pen" in it's art department
and even made game-peripheral for a system.
Even early 19X0's Russia had pre-photoshop ( used for erasing people
from images ). Truth be told the
electric-pen has been used for computers in the DOS and Amiga years as
well.

For most western people we had to use a stupid mouse with a stupid
pad, rolling in gum. Stupid.

Like Robocop I can "use my finger" to scroll on the pad with
movements via the buttons an fn-keys.

This is a response to the post seen at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=662828187#662828187