Re: Another tale of Windows idiocy: the mouse scroll wheel.

Sujet : Re: Another tale of Windows idiocy: the mouse scroll wheel.
De : candycanearter07 (at) *nospam* candycanearter07.nomail.afraid (candycanearter07)
Groupes : comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date : 02. Apr 2024, 17:20:13
David Brooks <applefanboy@btinternet.com> wrote at 08:27 this Tuesday (GMT):
On 02/04/2024 01:45, Alan wrote:
I'm sitting here, forced to use a Windows desktop (and I'm remembering
all over how terribly UGLY Windows is) while I wait for migration to
complete on my new M3 MacBook Air, and I thought I would reverse the
scrolling direction on the mouse to be more like what I'm used to.

Now, honestly, I'm quite adaptable as I work with lots of different
systems, and have to simply roll with whatever my client at any moment
uses, but...

...I assumed this would be an obvious control to have somewhere in the
broken mess that is Settings and Control Panel mouse settings.

I opened Settings...

...checked the various things you change about the mouse there...

...and... ...nothing. Nothing useful to this case anyway.

Then I remembered that Microsoft's settings for the mouse are
idiotically broken across two different interfaces, so I checked Control
Panel...

...and still nothing.

So I check online and would you look at that:

The only solution to changing the scrolling direction of the mouse in
Windows is...

...TO CHANGE THE REGISTRY!

I found this - it confirms what you claim!

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reverse-mouse-wheel-scroll/657c4537-f346-4b8b-99f8-9e1f52cd94c2

It also provides a solution.

=

Is you M3 MacBook Air now 'up and running'?

No way...that's actually insane. Even something as restricted as
ChromeOS provides that option in the settings.