Re: Encrypted Services Apple, Proton and Wire Helped Spanish Police Identify Activist

Sujet : Re: Encrypted Services Apple, Proton and Wire Helped Spanish Police Identify Activist
De : candycanearter07 (at) *nospam* candycanearter07.nomail.afraid (candycanearter07)
Groupes : comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date : 14. May 2024, 03:50:05
The Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com> wrote at 20:20 this Sunday (GMT):
On 5/12/24 1:13 PM, Joel wrote:

Christ, are people putting up with this shit, just for the great
privilege of running Apple's crapware?  My self-assembled Linux box
(or Winblows, if I went back to it) gives me a lot more freedom.

OTOH, I was chewed out PERSONALLY by JWZ for running as root.  Takes all
kinds.

Why would you run as root? That seems kinda dangerous..