Re: Apple needs to explain that bug that resurfaced deleted photos

Sujet : Re: Apple needs to explain that bug that resurfaced deleted photos
De : ithinkiam (at) *nospam* gmail.com (Chris)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone comp.mobile.ipad comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date : 28. May 2024, 12:45:27
badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
Chris <ithinkiam@gmail.com> wrote:
badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:

If I was innocent of wrong doing and had all that money, I’d be paying
lawyers to keep my name and reputation clean, rather than giving it to the
government and looking guilty.

Remember civil suits in the US aren't about right or wrong, but about
persuasion. Can you persuade the jury/judge not to find against you?

Also fighting a court case is long-winded, expensive and completely outside
of your control.

Paying off frivolous lawsuits is a running cost of large business in the
US.

You assume the cases against Apple are frivolous,

Many will be, but not all.

because well, Apple can’t
be doing anything unethical.

No-one is claiming that. Being sued lots doesn't imply anything other than
you're nice juicy target.

What large company would you deem as "ethical"?

As we have seen with the battery issue, Apple
is fully capable of being unethical and taking advantage of consumers.

How was it unethical? They made a decision which they thought was a benefit
to users: stop the phone crashing. They should have managed it better and
perhaps done it differently. It wasn't unethical IMO.

The
consumer and tax payer is always the one getting screwed.

Americans prefer small government and this is the consequence. Shareholders
and the bottom line is prioritised over customers. Don't like it? Vote
differently.