Re: Adios, for a while at least

Sujet : Re: Adios, for a while at least
De : thomas.e.elam (at) *nospam* gmail.com (Tom Elam)
Groupes : comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date : 18. Jun 2024, 16:53:36
On 2/29/2024 5:28 PM, Alan wrote:
On 2024-02-29 13:48, -hh wrote:
On 2/24/24 6:19 PM, John wrote:
On 2/23/2024 7:42 PM, -hh wrote:
John <nopam@nospam.com> wrote:
On 2/21/24 4:51 AM, Thomas E. wrote:
It's been quite a ride. My first post was in the late 1990's when this
group was a lively MacOS vs Windows discussion forum. W95/98 and OS 7 or
8 were still current topics. Today CSMA is a shadow of its former self.
There are only 3 of us and a few x-poster's left, arguing back and forth
about most anything but Mac vs Windows. Then there is the Wally troll
persona, making wild and false claims about Apple, the company ,and the customers.

In truth, Mac vs Windows was settled a long time ago. Today both are
highly developed operating systems with significant differences, but
vastly improved. Mac no longer needs advocacy. The forum became
redundant a long time ago. Apple and Microsoft are doing just fine without this forum.

So it's goodbye for a while. We leave Friday for the annual 2-week
Colorado ski trip. With Google Groups becoming a history repository
tomorrow the activity level has dropped. A good time to enjoy the
mountains again and focus on just having fun.

Apparently those remaining don't value CSMA enough to go to a paid
service. NNTP will live on for a while, remains to seen how long. It's a
primitive system, long of tooth like FTP. I'll not be surprised if it eventually dies.

I think I first came here to troll as a Windows person around 2001 or so.

What do you recommend then as a Windows based Newsreader?

-hh

I have been using Thunderbird.

Well, let's try Thunderbird on the desktop.  The iOS News app seems to be hanging on not sending posts.
 I use Thunderbird with Eternal-September, and it works...
 ...but I need to quit and relaunch it fairly frequently to get it to send and receive.

Thanks Alan. I've been a bit busy but figured out how to make this work once got started. You opened Pandora's Box!