Re: What is going on with 2024 the SCCBC season?

Sujet : Re: What is going on with 2024 the SCCBC season?
De : thomas.e.elam (at) *nospam* gmail.com (Tom Elam)
Groupes : comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date : 28. Jun 2024, 20:43:00
On 6/28/2024 12:59 PM, Alan wrote:
On 2024-06-28 08:10, Tom Elam wrote:
On 6/27/2024 3:55 PM, Alan wrote:
On 2024-06-25 10:34, Tom Elam wrote:
Dear Alan,

Last year, 2023, April-June, there 3 weekends, 9 races at SBBC.
Total unique CW driver entries were 97, OW 37. These are typical
for an entire season for 2021-2023. In April-June 2024 unique
driver entries are 14 OW and 49 CW, about half prior years.

These stats are from the SBBC season championship records.

Wow, quite the drop. What's going on, Alan?

And, BTW, you entered 11 out of a 71 2021-2024 races. None last
year of course, but also none this year and 11 out of 34 in
2021-22. Have you retired? I thought you were looking forward to
getting back this year. Not so much?

So great to see you taking such an interest in my life, Liarboy!

I wonder if I might take a little interest in yours.

Done much flying lately?

Well, yes. Two very different flavors. Full scale last 6 months, 36 hours logged including 2 family visit trips to Georgia, some CAP
hours, and just passed a VFR checkride. The Christmas return flight
from Georgia was IFR all the way home and an instrument approach into
Indy Metro. Now good for 2 another years on my BFR, taking me almost
to my 80th birthday. At this time I am also IFR current and capable,
but those are perishable skills. I'll be taking an IFR skills test
checkride before the end of September.
 Really?
 That's interesting.
 Because the FAA's registry of airmen has no record of you.
 <https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/airmeninquiry/Main.aspx>
 The only "Elam" it lists in Indiana...
 ...isn't you.
 Care to explain?

I can. I opted out of including my address in the public facing database, Liarboy.
Look up Thomas Elam with no address info. Want any salt or sauce on those words? Results:
Personal Information
THOMAS EARL ELAM
Airman opted-out of releasing address
Medical Information:
Medical Class: Third  Medical Date: 1/2023
MUST USE CORRECTIVE LENS(ES) TO MEET VISION STANDARDS AT ALL REQUIRED DISTANCES.
BasicMed Course Date:  None   BasicMed CMEC Date:  None
Certificates
PRIVATE PILOT
Certificates Description
Certificate: PRIVATE PILOT