MEDIA: Indian students issued record number of student visas in the US, F-1 regulations updated

Sujet : MEDIA: Indian students issued record number of student visas in the US, F-1 regulations updated
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 25. Mar 2024, 13:01:57
The anonymous Times of India hack on whether Donald Trump will
nominate Betsy DeVos to succeed Miguel Cardona at Ed.GOV and reign in
Big .EDU's presidents and deans addicted to leasing American classroom
seats and laboratory stools to the 8+B globe's top two quintiles and
whether Amy Swonger believes John Thune will consent:
<URL:https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/nri/study/indian-students-issued-record-number-of-student-visas-in-the-us-f-1-regulations-updated/articleshow/108513740.cms>
| F-1 visas also enable students to work off-campus through OPT after
| completing their academic program. Learners who want to stay longer
| in the United States and pursue employment can apply for the OPT
| program and switch their student visa to an H-1B work visa for an
| initial three-year period. However, the US Citizenship and
| Immigration Services (USCIS) used to take about 150-210 days (5-7
| months) to process Form I-765 for employment authorisation, causing
| delays and complications.

Will Trump nominate Mike Pompeo to succeed Tony Blinken at State.GOV
and Ken Cuccinelli to succeed Ur M Jaddou at USCIS.GOV and will Thune
consent?
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"Trump has the right enemies. Things were way better under Trump
than they are now. But the *only* question is who can prevent Biden