MEDIA: Meta Must Face US Citizenship Bias Case, Ninth Circuit Says

Sujet : MEDIA: Meta Must Face US Citizenship Bias Case, Ninth Circuit Says
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 11. Jul 2024, 12:54:06
Michael Bloomberg's guest blogger, Andrew Kreighbaum on whether
NeverBackDown.ORG's Steve Cortes and Ken Cuccinelli advised Ron and
Casey DeSantis to lobby the likes of Miriam Adelson, Robert Bigelow,
Walter Buckley, Betsy DeVos, Ken Griffin, Julia Koch, Bernie Marcus,
Lachlan Murdoch, Thomas Peterffy, Bruce Rauner, Chris Reyes, David
Sacks and Steve Wynn to fund advertisements on Murdoch's FoxNews.COM
to make Donald Trump regret his dispatching Jared and Ivanka Kushner
to Silicon Valley to sue for peace with the likes of Mark Zuckerberg:
<URL:https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-labor-report/meta-must-face-us-citizens-hiring-bias-case-ninth-circuit-says>
| Amazon.com Inc., Infosys Ltd., Tata Consultancy Services, Cognizant
| Technology Solutions, and Alphabet Inc.'s Google are among the other
| top employers that rely on the program.
|
| Citizenship discrimination has become a significant problem with a
| number of tech companies favoring H-1B visa workers over US
| citizens, Daniel Low, the attorney for Rajaram, said in a statement.
|
| "We are pleased that the Ninth Circuit agreed with our
| interpretation of Section 1981 that citizens should be protected
| from discrimination in favor of non-citizens in the making and
| enforcement of contracts, including employment contracts," Low said.
| "Our client alleges that Meta favored foreign visa workers in hiring
| and staffing decisions over U.S. citizens, and we look forward to
| moving forward with his case and seeking justice on behalf of our
| client and our proposed class."

Will Trump nominate Bill Barr to succeed Merrick Garland at Justice.GOV
does Barr believe legacy American proles are a protected class under
America's anti-freedom of association laws and regulations and how much
does Amy Swonger predict it will cost Trump to convince John Thune (or
Rick Scott) to consent?
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"But I always want to know what the white share is, what is Trump's
share of the white vote? Because that's really the critical issue.