MEDIA: H1-B visa backlog inhibits semiconductor industry growth

Sujet : MEDIA: H1-B visa backlog inhibits semiconductor industry growth
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 11. Jul 2024, 12:56:23
Minnesota Public Radio's Elizabeth Trovall on whether Susie Wiles
sees any hints in her (or Bill Stepien before her (or Brad Parscale
before him)) focus groups of legacy American proles who might be
convinced to cast ballots for Donald Trump why they won't let their
sons and daughters group up to be chipmakers:
<URL:https://www.marketplace.org/2024/06/26/new-era-of-semiconductor-manufacturing-clashes-with-dated-immigration-laws/>
| "I've seen many, many, many people who are disheartened by this and
| are now just giving up hope," he said.
|
| He's seen workers move to Europe or Canada because of visa issues.
| And he's considered that option -- but he'd rather stay in Portland
| where he can snowboard, rock climb, buy a house and settle down.
|
| "I do want to build a life in the U.S. because my job is here, I
| really like it here," Surdi said. "But there's uncertainty of if I
| can stay in the U.S. -- it kind of hinders me in making any long-
| term plans."

How large is Justin Trudeau's scab worker export industry and did
NeverBackDown.ORG's Ken Cuccinelli and Steve Cortes advise Ron and
Casey DeSantis to unleash David McIntosh's ClubForGrowth.ORG to make
Trump regret his including the TN visa in his NAFTA 2.0?
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"Thanks to all the rumors and backlash, President Trump has made it
clear that Nikki Haley will not be his VP. But promises made to