MEDIA: Immigration Proponents Get Boost From End to Chevron Doctrine

Sujet : MEDIA: Immigration Proponents Get Boost From End to Chevron Doctrine
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 12. Jul 2024, 15:47:07
Michael Bloomberg's guest blogger, Andrew Kreighbaum, on whether
Donald Trump will nominate NeverBackDown.ORG's Ken Cuccinelli to
succeed Ur M Jaddou at USCIS.GOV and how much Amy Swonger estimates
it will cost Trump to convince John Thune (or Rick Scott) to consent:
<URL:https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-labor-report/immigration-proponents-get-boost-from-end-to-chevron-doctrine>
| "It's going to be great for litigators in our space," said Marty
| Robles-Avila, senior counsel at BAL Immigration Law. "It's a net
| gain for non-citizens and those in the immigration community."
|
| Still, others predict that there could be immigration "winners and
| losers" in a post-Chevron world, said Cyrus Mehta, managing partner
| of Cyrus D. Mehta & Partners PLLC. The decision could weaken the
| standing of large programs that are based on an agency
| interpretation of the Immigration and Nationality Act--like Deferred
| Action for Childhood Arrivals--when explicit authorization doesn't
| exist in a federal statute, he said.

Will Trump nominate Jeff Wall to succeed Elizabeth Prelogar at
Justice.GOV/osg and how much does Swonger estimate it will cost Trump
to convince Thune (or Scott) to consent?
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"Now more than ever, Trump understands what a corrupt scam the
January 6 Fedsurrection lie really is. And now more than ever, Trump