MEDIA: Immigration Restriction Then and Now

Sujet : MEDIA: Immigration Restriction Then and Now
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 13. Jul 2024, 22:21:31
Chronicles' Paul Gottfried on Joseph Cotto's new book on whether
Susie Wiles has noticed in her polling (or that of Bill Stepien
before her (or Brad Parscale before him)) that legacy American
proles are seeking a tribune against their and their posterity's
dispossession:
<URL:https://chroniclesmagazine.org/web/immigration-restriction-then-and-now/>
| The main question for Cotto is whether letting in the tens of
| millions of "new immigrants" who came to the U.S. in the late 19th
| and early 20th centuries, especially from Southern and Eastern
| Europe and Asia, benefited this country politically and, in the
| short and middle terms, economically. Cotto argues these later
| immigrants exhibited lower median intellectual abilities than the
| older settlers, but that point is certainly contestable. IQ
| differences were narrowed or disappeared within a generation after
| the arrival of these newcomers. Some of the descendants of these
| immigrants even exceeded the measurable intelligence of the older
| settlers, but that's not the main point here. More significantly,
| the "greenies" (or "greenhorns"), as the newer immigrants were
| called, drove down the earnings of the indigenous work force, and
| the owners of industries, like our own corporate capitalists, were
| happy to avail themselves of this available cheap labor.

Did NeverBackDown.ORG's Ken Cuccinelli and Steve Cortes advise Casey
DeSantis to make Ron's top priority obtaining the permission of David
McIntosh's ClubForGrowth.ORG to deploy the likes of Mike Emmons
warning legacy American proles in Iowa and New Hampshire that Trump
will sign the permanent bipartisan fusion party's bipartisan
comprehensive immigration reform legislation passed by the likes of
Mike Johnson and John Thune so long as the Cheap Labor Lobby authors
include the magic words: merit-based?
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"Trump hasn't indicated he regrets his soft-on-crime policies, even
with the evidence we have now. Here's a WH meeting on the issue in