MEDIA: J.D. Vance once compared Trump to Hitler. Now they are running mates

Sujet : MEDIA: J.D. Vance once compared Trump to Hitler. Now they are running mates
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 23. Jul 2024, 12:35:24
Thomson Reuters' Gram Slattery and Helen Coster on whether
NeverBackDown.ORG's Ken Cuccinelli and Steve Cortes advised Ron and
Casey DeSantis to run to Donald Trump's right on the National Question
and if donors such as Miriam Adelson, Robert Bigelow, Walter Buckley,
Betsy DeVos, Ken Griffin, Julia Koch, Bernie Marcus, Lachlan Murdoch,
Thomas Peterffy, Bruce Rauner, Chris Reyes, David Sacks and Steve Wynn
balked at funding advertisements on Murdoch's FoxNews.COM campaign
platform:
<URL:https://www.reuters.com/world/us/jd-vance-once-compared-trump-hitler-now-they-are-running-mates-2024-07-15/>
| "I allowed myself to focus so much on the stylistic element of Trump
| that I completely ignored the way in which he substantively was
| offering something very different on foreign policy, on trade, on
| immigration," Vance told the New York Times in June.
|
| In the same interview, Vance said that he met Trump in 2021 and that
| the two grew closer during his Senate campaign.
|
| Vance declined to be interviewed by Reuters for this article and his
| spokesperson declined to comment for it.

Roy Beck's NumbersUSA report card for Vance:
<URL:https://grades.numbersusa.com/gradecard/20840/career/>
Beck's report card for DeSantis:
<URL:https://grades.numbersusa.com/gradecard/11609/career/>
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"This is the change in the suicide rate, not the rate itself, but
still, a 40% jump in 20 years is a sign of deep social dysfunction &