MEDIA: Neocon Liz Cheney Slams J.D. Vance

Sujet : MEDIA: Neocon Liz Cheney Slams J.D. Vance
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 25. Jul 2024, 12:45:26
Via Breitbart Immigration, Breitbart.COM/immigration, see Neil Munro
on whether Susie Wiles sees any hope in her (or Bill Stepien before
her (or Brad Parscale before him)) for a 2028 GOP striver for
WhiteHoyse.GOV who doesn't run as a tribune for legacy American proles
against the Cheap Labor Lobby:
<URL:https://www.breitbart.com/2024-election/2024/07/17/neocon-liz-cheney-slams-jd-vance/>
| America is not a "nation of immigrants," Vance argued:
|
|| America is not just an idea -- though we were founded on great
|| ideas. America is a nation. It is a group of people with a common
|| history and a common future, and yes ... one of the parts of that
|| commonality as a people is that we do allow newcomers to this
|| country. We allow them on our terms, on the terms of the American
|| citizens. And that's the way that we preserve the continuity of this
|| project from 200 years past to hopefully 200 years in the future.
|
| But pro-migration advocates are unswayed.
|
| Vance believes that "if immigrants are willing to do your job for
| less, that requires government intervention," complained libertarian
| writer Eric Boehm, in language mimicking a recent speech by Vivek
| Ramaswamy.
|
| "It now seems like Republicans are trying to compete with the
| Democrat party on economic issues," complained Marc Short, a former
| top aide at the Koch advocacy group and to Vice President Mike
| Pence. In Trump's first term, he was given the job of congressional
| outreach, where he helped win a tax cut but not an immigration
| reform.

Does Amy Swonger recommend Vance to shepherd Trump's merit-based
immigration reform legislation thru Mike Johnson's House.GOV and
John Thune (or Rick Scott) Senate.GOV and will Roy Beck's
NumbersUSA.COM grade it positively or negatively?
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"Glenn is right. And that's why liberal media has effectively swung
behind Trump against DeSantis. Trump and his team leak and talk to