MEDIA: Brooks: GOP 'Prone' to Be 'Racial' on Border, But Their Position Is Helping with Hispanic Voters on Border

Sujet : MEDIA: Brooks: GOP 'Prone' to Be 'Racial' on Border, But Their Position Is Helping with Hispanic Voters on Border
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 26. Jul 2024, 12:53:38
Via Breitbart Immigration, Breitbart.COM/immigration, see Ian Hanchett
on whether Susie Wiles sees "racist" as killshot epitath among legacy
American proles who might be convinced to cast ballots for Donald
Trump:
<URL:https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/07/17/brooks-gop-prone-to-be-racial-on-border-but-their-position-is-helping-with-hispanic-voters-on-border/>
| During the "PBS NewsHour" coverage of day two of the Republican
| National Convention on Tuesday, New York Times columnist David
| Brooks stated that Republicans are "prone" to "go with a little
| racial intonation" while talking about the border but the party's
| stance on border security has "helped them with, certainly, Hispanic
| voters in Texas, in Nevada, in Arizona, a lot of the border-type
| states."
|
| While previewing the second night of the convention, Brooks said, "I
| agree that this is the night to test whether they go a little raw,
| whether they go with a little racial intonation. And they've
| certainly had, these are the two issues [the border and crime] on
| which they're prone to do that. The one point I'd make is that, the
| Republican Party has been pretty anti-immigrant -- or I should say,
| have been secure the borders for a long time, and, if anything, it's
| helped them with, certainly, Hispanic voters in Texas, in Nevada, in
| Arizona, a lot of the border-type states. And so, it's not -- among
| different groups, views on the border and the wall are a lot more
| complicated than just, oh, you can tell what people think by what
| color their skin is."
|
| Co-host Amna Nawaz then stated that some GOP rhetoric has been
| racist, which Brooks agreed with.

Will Trump nominate Bill Barr to succeed Merrick Garland at Justice.GOV
Eugene Scalia to succeed Julie Su at DoL.GOV, do they believe legacy
American proles should be a protected class under America's
anti-freedom of association laws and regulations, and how much does
Amy Swonger predict it will cost to convince John Thune (or Rick Scott)
to consent?
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"It just keeps getting worse. No wonder Trump is so worried about
being challenged from the right--he governed from the left on issues