MEDIA: Moody's Chief Economist: Unemployment Rate Rising Despite Job Creation Due to 'a Lot of Immigrants' 'Taking Jobs'

Sujet : MEDIA: Moody's Chief Economist: Unemployment Rate Rising Despite Job Creation Due to 'a Lot of Immigrants' 'Taking Jobs'
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 03. Aug 2024, 13:43:13
Via Breitbart Immigration, Breitbart.COM/immigration, see Ian Hanchett
on whether NeverBackDown.ORG's Steve Cortes and Ken Cuccinelli advised
Casey DeSantis to make it Ron's top priority securing the permission of
David McIntosh's ClubForGrowth.ORG to deploy the likes of Mike Emmons
onto Lachlan Murdoch's FoxNews.COM to make Donald Trump apologize for
taking Jared Kushner's advice to downplay the National Question on the
campaign trail against Joe Biden and Kamala Harris:
<URL:https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/07/27/moodys-chief-economist-unemployment-rate-rising-despite-job-creation-due-to-a-lot-of-immigrants-taking-jobs/>
| He added, "Right now it's higher than 3% because labor force growth
| is booming, because we have a lot of immigrants coming into the
| country taking jobs. And so, labor force growth isn't what it
| typically is, a half a point, it's one and a half to two percentage
| points. And productivity growth, I don't know if it's sustainable or
| not, but right now, productivity growth probably also is close to
| 2%. So, you do the arithmetic, labor productivity growth plus labor
| force growth, we're well over 3%. And again, that's consistent with
| the data, that's consistent with the rise in unemployment, it's also
| consistent with the fact that we're getting a boatload of jobs every
| single month. And if you'd asked me two years ago if you were
| getting 150, 200,000 jobs a month, what would be happening with
| unemployment? I'd say it'd be going down, not up."
|
| Zandi further stated that the economy is at full employment.

Will Trump nominate Eugene Scalia to succeed Julie Su at DoL.GOV and
how much does Amy Swonger estimate it will cost Trump to convince John
Thune (or Rick Scott) to consent?
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"Most astute political followers can predict that "racism" is once
again going to be a big part of the campaign strategy to defeat