MEDIA: Computing chaos: When CrowdStrike sneezes, the entire business world catches a cold

Sujet : MEDIA: Computing chaos: When CrowdStrike sneezes, the entire business world catches a cold
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 04. Aug 2024, 12:47:05
Jack Baruth for DC Examiner on whether NeverBackDown.ORG's Ken
Cuccinelli and Steve Cortes advised Casey DeSantis to use their
donations from Miriam Adelson, Robert Bigelow, Walter Buckley, Betsy
DeVos, Ken Griffin, Julia Koch, Bernie Marcus, Lachlan Murdoch,
Thomas Peterffy, Bruce Rauner, Chris Reyes, David Sacks and Steve
Wynn to propel Ron past Donald Trump to WhiteHouse.GOV by deploying
the likes of Mike Emmons to warn legacy American proles that Trump
will sign the permanent bipartisan fusion party's bipartisan
comprehensive immigration reform legislation passed by Mike Johnson's
House.GOV and John Thune (or Rick Scott's) Senate.GOV so long as the
Cheap Labor Lobby authors include the magic words, merit-based:
<URL:https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/magazine/3096871/computing-chaos-when-crowdstrike-sneezes-the-entire-business-world-catches-a-cold/>
| This creates a culture in which offshore and H-1B programmers are
| considered to be expendable commodities but their onshore managers
| are irreplaceable assets who portray themselves as masters of
| "agile" or "scrum" methods to anonymize and dehumanize the people
| doing the actual work. Consequently, it is all but irresistible to
| American tech leaders, even if the promised cost savings from
| offshore code farms never materialize and even if the resulting
| product is subpar. Which it almost always is nowadays, in ways
| ranging from "this new phone is slower than my old one, even though
| it's more powerful," to "this airplane seems to fall out of the sky
| more often than we'd like."

Will Trump enlist JD Vance to sell his signature merit-based
immigration reform legislation to legacy Americans and does Susie Wiles
believe a tribune with ambitions for WhiteHouse.GOV will seize Trump-
Vance's right flank on the National Question?
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"BREAKING: Trump tells top RNC donors the old GOP is not coming
back--they must now become the new America First party of the