MEDIA: Op-ed: Of Course Harris Was the Border Czar

Sujet : MEDIA: Op-ed: Of Course Harris Was the Border Czar
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 12. Aug 2024, 12:58:31

Leader of Morris Dees and $PLC certified band of deplorables, Center of
Immigration Studies' Mark Krikorian on whether Donald Trump will select
Vice President JD Vance as Border Czar and also as lead sales critter
for selling his signature merit-based comprehensive immigration reform
legislation to legacy American proles:
<URL:https://cis.org/Krikorian/Oped-Course-Harris-Was-Border-Czar>
| More recently, Bill Bennett, one-time contributor to this journal,
| was named the first drug czar by President George H. W. Bush. Obama
| had more czars than Moscow, including a climate czar, a green-jobs
| czar, and a car czar. (Alan Bersin was his border czar.)
|
| Here's some of what President Biden said a couple of months into his
| term when naming Harris border czar:
|
||     I've asked her, the VP, today -- because she's the most
|| qualified person to do it -- to lead our efforts with Mexico and the
|| Northern Triangle and the countries that help -- are going to need
|| help in stemming the movement of so many folks, stemming the
|| migration to our southern border.
|
| And later on:
|
||     And so, this increase has been consequential, but the Vice
|| President has agreed . . . to lead our diplomatic effort and work
|| with those nations to accept the returnees and enhance migration
|| enforcement at their borders.
|
| And finally:
|
||     So it's not her full responsibility and job, but she's leading
|| the effort because I think the best thing to do is to put someone
|| who, when he or she speaks, they don't have to wonder about is that
|| where the President is.  When she speaks, she speaks for me.
|
| In other words, she was border czar. In fact, Harris was the
| replacement for Biden's previous border czar, Roberta Jackson, who
| formally stepped down from the post a few weeks after the
| president's announcement of Harris's new responsibility.

Does Susie Wiles see any 2028 WhiteHouse.GOV aspirants who might step
up to lead the effort to block Trump's effort to dispossess legacy
American proles?
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"The criticisms from MAGA Inc. are funny, considering that around
this time in 2020, Trump ran an ad that portrayed George Floyd as a