MEDIA: Border deal Democrat flips script on Harris's role as immigration 'czar'

Sujet : MEDIA: Border deal Democrat flips script on Harris's role as immigration 'czar'
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 16. Aug 2024, 12:05:55
DC Examiner's David Sivak on whether NeverBackDown.ORG's Ken
Cuccinelli and Steve Cortes advised Casey DeSantis to instruct Ron to
seize Lachlan Murdoch's FoxNews.COM campaign bullhorn to make Donald
Trump regret endorsing Jim Lankford and Mitch McConnell:
<URL:https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/senate/3106027/harris-border-czar-attacks-chris-murphy/>
| But Republicans believe the administration demonstrated to the
| public it is not serious about border security when it undid a raft
| of Trump-era policies when Biden took office in 2021.
|
| "They've had years to be able to take things on, and there's some
| changes that have happened to decrease the numbers recently, but
| most likely, that's cartels choking that down knowing that if they
| get a President Trump, then they're in trouble," said Sen. James
| Lankford (R-OK), who helped broker the Senate border deal with
| Murphy.
|
| The pivot to the center on immigration is newer for Harris. In her
| 2020 run for president, she flirted with calls to abolish
| Immigration and Customs Enforcement and has previously advocated
| downgrading the penalty for crossing the border illegally to a civil
| offense.

Roy Beck's NumbersUSA report card for Lankford:
<URL:https://grades.numbersusa.com/gradecard/10752/career/>
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"I'm not paid by any candidate or campaign. But if your job is
running cover for Trump, you're doing terrible work. He needs to do