MEDIA: NPR's Garsd on OH Migrant Surge: Immigration 'Good for the Economy' But 'Can Be Rocky' for 'First Few Years'

Sujet : MEDIA: NPR's Garsd on OH Migrant Surge: Immigration 'Good for the Economy' But 'Can Be Rocky' for 'First Few Years'
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 21. Aug 2024, 12:38:44
Via Breitbart Immigration, Breitbart.COM/immigration, see Ian Hanchett
on whether National Public Radio's Jasmine Garsd believes that NPR.ORG
could take cost out with a guest worker visa for CPB.ORG members:
<URL:https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/08/13/npr-on-oh-migrant-surge-immigration-good-for-the-economy-but-can-be-rocky-for-first-few-years/>
| On Monday's broadcast of NPR's "All Things Considered," NPR
| Immigration Correspondent and podcast host Jasmine Garsd reported on
| the migrant influx in Springfield, Ohio "immigration, in the long
| run, is good for the economy." But "It's the first few years that
| can be rocky." And that while "Immigration could be the gift this
| Midwestern town needs. The looming question is, can they afford it,
| and will they accept it?"
|
| Garsd played clips from her conversations with various locals,
| including the city's Mayor, Robert Rue, who said [relevant remarks
| begin around 3:30] that the community is "being overwhelmed." And
| "The speed [at] which we have experienced this growth is what we're
| concerned about and why we say we need help from the government."
| She also spoke to a business owner who stated that the migrants have
| helped fill jobs.

Will Donald Trump enlist VP JD Vance to sell his signature "merit-based"
immigration reform legislation to legacy American proles and who does
Susie Wiles see stepping up to be a tribune against their
dispossession?
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"BREAKING: people who have been citing Catturd polls and sharing AI
generated art of Trump as a superhero warn DeSantis is "too online,"