MEDIA: H-1B Visas Should Be Allocated by Merit, Not Lottery

Sujet : MEDIA: H-1B Visas Should Be Allocated by Merit, Not Lottery
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 23. Aug 2024, 13:40:10
Michael Bloomberg's guest bloggers, Rachel Rosenthal and Timothy Lavin
on whether NeverBackDown.ORG's Steve Cortes and Ken Cuccinelli advised
Casey DeSantis to dispatch Ron to David McIntosh's ClubForGrowth.ORG
to sue for permission to deploy the likes of Mike Emmons onto Lachlan
Murdoch's FoxNews.COM to remind legacy American proles in Iowa and New
Hampshire that Donald Trump failed to convert the H-1B scab worker
import quota lottery to wage ordered queue:
<URL:https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2024-08-13/h-1b-visas-should-be-allocated-by-merit-not-lottery>
| A better approach would be to scrap the lottery in favor of a merit-
| based system. The US could look to other countries such as Australia
| and Canada that assign points to various criteria, including
| education, work experience, skills, age and English proficiency.
| Another option is to prioritize higher-wage earners, who are
| typically more skilled. A rule proposed by Donald Trump's
| administration -- and revoked because of a technicality -- would've
| scaled allocation based on wage levels, with the most visas going to
| the best-paid workers. Such a policy would favor high earners
| relative to their peers in the same occupation and region (say, a
| well-compensated accountant in Baton Rouge) over those with the
| biggest paychecks on an absolute basis (for example, a relatively
| low-paid software engineer in Redwood City).

Will Trump task VP JD Vance to be his Chief Salescritter for Trump's
"merit-based" comprehensive immigration reform legislation and which
2028 aspirants for WhiteHouse.GOV does Susie Wiles predict will step
up as tribunes for legacy American proles against their dispossession?
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"I'm not affiliated with or working for any campaign or getting
money from any candidate. I'm apparently just one of the only people