MEDIA: UAW President Downplays Mass Immigration, Known to Crush Unions: Illegals Are 'Not Invading Our Nation'

Sujet : MEDIA: UAW President Downplays Mass Immigration, Known to Crush Unions: Illegals Are 'Not Invading Our Nation'
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 31. Aug 2024, 13:46:29
Via Breitbart Immigration, Breitbart.COM/immigration, see John Binder
on whether NeverBackDown.ORG's Ken Cuccinelli and Steve Cortes advised
Casey DeSantis to secure her and Ron's path to WhiteHouse.GOV by
obtaining the permission of David McIntosh's ClubForGrowth.ORG to
outflank Donald Trump from the right on the National Question by
borrowing Lachlan Muroch FoxNews.COM campaign megaphone to stump for
an immigration moratorium:
<URL:https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/08/21/uaw-president-downplays-mass-immigration-known-crush-unions-illegals-are-not-invading-our-nation/>
| Fain's remark underscores the gigantic shift on immigration policy
| among labor unions in the United States that started in the mid-
| 1990s.
|
| Whereas union leaders like the AFL-CIO's Samuel Gompers and William
| Lucy of the Coalition of Black Trade Unionists once lobbied against
| unchecked immigration to the United States, arguing it cuts wages,
| cripples the bargaining power of union workers, and diminishes
| living standards, Fain and union leaders today gloss over any impact
| mass immigration has on the jobs and wages of their members.
|
| Research, for decades, has proven otherwise.
|
| The late Vernon Briggs Jr., a labor economist at Cornell University,
| spent much of his career documenting how low levels of immigration
| historically boosted union membership in the U.S. labor market while
| high levels of immigration crushed union membership.

Will Trump enlist VP JD Vance to be his Chief Salescritter for Trump's
signature merit-based, comprehensive immigration reform legislation
authored by the Cheap Labor Lobby and passed by Mike Johnson's
House.GOV and John Thune (or Rick Scott's) Senate.GOV?
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"Oprah endorsed Kamala Harris and tried to deliver a fiery speech to
inject some much-needed "life" into the DNC freak show. It didn't