MEDIA: Exec at Trump Media Jumped the Line for U.S. Visa After Company Lobbied GOP Lawmaker

Sujet : MEDIA: Exec at Trump Media Jumped the Line for U.S. Visa After Company Lobbied GOP Lawmaker
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 09. Sep 2024, 11:41:30
ProPublica's Robert Faturechi, Justin Elliott and Alex Mierjeski on
whether Donald Trump will enlist VP JD Vance to be Chief Salescritter
for Trump's "merit-based" comprehensive immigration reform legislation
authored by the Cheap Labor Lobby and passed by Mike Johnson's
House.GOV and John Thune (or Rick Scott's) Senate.GOV:
<URL:https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-media-foreign-executive-us-visa-don-bacon>
| A former staffer for Rep. Don Bacon, a Nebraska Republican, said the
| congressman personally instructed her to help Trump Media, even
| though she thought it was inappropriate to mix politics with the
| office's constituent services duties.
|
| "I specifically did not want to do this," Bacon's former director of
| special projects, Makenzie Cartwright, told ProPublica when asked
| about emails showing the lawmaker's intervention. "It was
| specifically the congressman that suggested I needed to deal with
| it."
|
| "Thank you so much for your help on making sure we push this
| forward," the company's chief operating officer wrote to another
| Bacon staffer in January 2022, according to an email reviewed by
| ProPublica. "I will make sure to thank the congressman as well!"

Did NeverBackDown.ORG's Ken Cuccinelli and Steve Cortes advise Ron
and Casey DeSantis to use the campaign donations of Miriam Adelson,
Robert Bigelow, Walter Buckley, Betsy DeVos, Ken Griffin, Julia Koch,
Bernie Marcus, Lachlan Murdoch, Thomas Peterffy, Bruce Rauner, Chris
Reyes, David Sacks and Steve Wynn to run campaign advertisements on
Murdoch's FoxNews.COM to warn legacy American proles that they will
need a tribune to defend them against Trump's efforts to dispossess
them and does Susie Wiles believe Ron will be that man in 2028?
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"Durham waited until 6 months after midterms to drop his report
exonerating Trump" - Jack Posobiec