MEDIA: Silicon Valley wish-list for Harris - abortion rights, pro-tech policies

Sujet : MEDIA: Silicon Valley wish-list for Harris - abortion rights, pro-tech policies
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 09. Sep 2024, 11:41:54
Thomson Reuters' Jeffrey Dastin on whether Donald Trump will enlist
VP JD Vance to be Chief Salescritter for Trump's signature "merit-
based" comprehensive immigration reform legislation passed by Mike
Johnson's House.GOV and John Thune (or Rick Scott's) Senate.GOV:
<URL:https://www.reuters.com/world/us/silicon-valley-backers-want-harris-prioritize-abortion-rights-pro-tech-policies-2024-08-28/>
| Aaron Levie, CEO of cloud-computing company Box, said rules for now
| should focus on applications of technology more than underlying AI
| models that have yet to mature.
|
| "Regulation is going to set an important trajectory for this
| industry and our leadership in AI in the long run," said Levie.
|
| He said immigration would, too. Some 94% of poll respondents said
| the U.S. needed to make more high-skilled, H-1B visas available, a
| staple for tech companies that draw talent from abroad. Silicon
| Valley also wants an easier path for startups to go public or sell
| to incumbents, the survey results and interviews showed.

Does Susie Wiles see any 2028 aspirants for WhiteHouse.GOV who might
outflank Trump-Vance from the right on the National Question?
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
""If it's a contest between James Comey's credibility and Donald
Trump's credibility, Comey wins "10 out of 10 times" - Jonah