MEDIA: San Antonio schools battle for more teachers. Are they winning?

Sujet : MEDIA: San Antonio schools battle for more teachers. Are they winning?
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 11. Sep 2024, 14:07:24
San Antonio Express-News' Elizabeth Moore and Melissa Manno on whether
Susie Wiles has asked legacy American prole moms and dads why they
won't let their sons and daughters grow up to be teachers in Greg
Abbott's Republic of Texas:
<URL:https://www.expressnews.com/news/article/san-antonio-schools-teacher-shortage-19728665.php>
| That's nothing new for Texas schools. According to a 2021 University
| of Houston study, special education and bilingual/English as a
| Second Language programs have been shortage areas in every academic
| year since 1990.
|
| To address the latter, North East has sponsored around two dozen H-
| 1B, or specialty occupation, visas allowing teachers from outside
| the United States to work for three years as bilingual educators.

Will Donald Trump include foreign teachers in his "merit-based"
comprehensive immigration reform legislation and will he task VP JD
Vance to sell it to Trump's voters?
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"AG Andrew Bailey exposed the DHS manipulation of social media and
has pushed the envelope against the Deep State/Lawfare attacks