MEDIA: BLS Admits Annual Jobs Overstated, Gives Phony Boost to Bidenomics

Sujet : MEDIA: BLS Admits Annual Jobs Overstated, Gives Phony Boost to Bidenomics
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 13. Sep 2024, 13:31:36
InstituteforSoundPublicpolicy.ORG's Joe Guzzardi on whether Donald
Trump will nominate Eugene Scalia to succeed Julie Su at DoL.GOV
and how much Amy Swonger guestimates it will cost Trump to persuade
John Thune (or Rick Scott) to consent:
<URL:https://joeguzzardi.substack.com/p/bls-admits-annual-jobs-overstated>
| The Bureau of Labor Statistics delivered an unpleasant Labor Day
| surprise earlier this year when it confirmed that it overstated the
| jobs created total from March 2023 to March 2024 by at least
| 818,000. The gross miscalculation, the largest in 15 years, makes
| President Joe Biden look foolish. Biden frequently but falsely
| proclaims that the U.S. has the world's strongest economy, that he
| has created 15 million jobs---800,000 of those in manufacturing---
| which, he insists, proves that Bidenomics is a rip-roaring success.
| The adjustment lowers the total employment growth for the 12-month
| period, not including farm jobs, from 2.9 million to about 2.1
| million, knocking down average monthly growth during that time from
| about 242,000 to about 174,000. To determine the new estimates, the
| government relied on the Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages
| (QCEW), which tracks employment and wages that employers report and
| covers more than 95% of all U.S. jobs.

Did NeverBackDown.ORG's Ken Cuccinelli and Steve Cortes advise Casey
DeSantis to dispatch Ron to David McIntosh's ClubForGrowth.ORG to
beg for permission to deploy the likes of Mike Emmons and Maria
Espinoza to Lachlan Murdoch's FoxNews.COM to impeach Trump for taking
Jared Kushner's advice to downplay the National Question on the
campaign trail against Joe Biden and Kamala Harris?
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"We're all waiting for President Trump to rocket this meme into
orbit when he dubs Walz "#TamponTim" at his next rally. The moment