MEDIA: ATCM: 'The Media vs. the Nation's Borders'

Sujet : MEDIA: ATCM: 'The Media vs. the Nation's Borders'
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 23. Sep 2024, 00:58:15
Via CIS.ORG's Immigration Blog,
<URL:https://cis.org/Krikorian/New-Book-Against-Corporate-Media-Explores-Coverage-Immigration-Among-Other-Issues>
see Morris Dees and $PLC certified deplorable, Mark Krikorian on
whether Donald Trump and JD Vance will include amnesty for the DACAs
in their "merit-based" comprehensive immigration reform legislation
authored by the Cheap Labor Lobby and passed by Mike Johnson's
House.GOV and John Cornyn (or John Thune (or Rick Scott's))
Senate.GOV:
<URL:https://the-pipeline.org/atcm-the-media-vs-the-nations-borders/>
| Another way the Corporate Media misrepresented DACA was how its
| members described DACA as only for those who "have a clean criminal
| record," in the words of a Times reporter who should have known
| better. Anything else might have undermined the image of "Dreamers"
| as paragons of virtue and fully deserving of amnesty. But there is
| no such requirement. While there is, indeed, a level of criminality
| beyond which one is ineligible, that's different from a "clean
| record." To be considered for DACA, an applicant must merely not
| have been convicted of a felony, a significant misdemeanor, or
| "multiple misdemeanor offences," in the words of the Department of
| the Homeland Security memo that created it. "Multiple" was taken to
| mean three or more, and in implementing the program, multiple
| misdemeanors committed on the same date counted as only one offense.

Who does Susie Wiles see among the 2028 strivers for WhiteHouse.GOV
who will outflank Trump-Vance from the right on the National Question?
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"Yesterday, Acting Director of the U.S. Secret Service, Ronald Rowe,
briefed members of the House and Senate about the attempted