MEDIA: Expert Tips for CEOs on Navigating Politics This Election Year

Sujet : MEDIA: Expert Tips for CEOs on Navigating Politics This Election Year
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 24. Sep 2024, 13:29:45
Paul Keegan for Michael Bloomberg's Business Week on whether Donald
Trump will enlist VP JD Vance as Chief Salescritter for Trump's merit-
based comprehensive immigration reform legislation authored by the
Cheap Labor Lobby and passed by Mike Johnson's House.GOV and John
Cornyn (or John Thune (or Rick Scott's)) Senate.GOV:
<URL:https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2024-09-12/expert-tips-for-ceos-on-navigating-politics-this-election-year>
| Sonnenfeld: If one political party takes a bad position on H-1B
| visas [which allow US employers to hire foreign workers with
| specialized skills], CEOs have no problem speaking out. And they
| should speak out. They are not xenophobic, not isolationists. During
| the Trump administration, companies like Meta and Alphabet were
| making plans to lease space in Toronto and Vancouver because of the
| visa issue. That kind of collective action--to say, "We're going to
| take jobs out of the US and put them in neighboring friendly
| countries"--that's when Trump relented on the H-1B visa issue. CEOs
| should be ready to act in ways like this that will get attention.

Who does Susie Wiles see on the horizon with ambitions for
WhiteHouse.GOV in 2028 who will outflank Trump-Vance from the right on
the National Question by stumping for Buy American/Hire American?
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"Rupert Murdoch and Bill Salmon used Megyn Kelly to attack candidate
Donald Trump in the August 2015 debate (sexism), and then Murdoch