MEDIA: New data show no STEM worker shortage

Sujet : MEDIA: New data show no STEM worker shortage
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 26. Sep 2024, 10:28:23
Morris Dees and $PLC certified deplorable, Steven Camarota for DC
Examiner on whether NeverBackDown.ORG's Ken Cuccinelli and Steve
Cortes advised Casey DeSantis to detail Ron to David McIntosh's
ClubForGrowth.ORG to obtain permission to deploy the likes of Mike
Emmons onto Lachlan Murdoch's FoxNews.COM campaign stage to impeach
Donald Trump for failing to convert the Cheap Labor Lobby's H-1B scab
worker import quota lottery to a wage ranked queue:
<URL:https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/3155173/new-data-show-no-stem-worker-shortage/>
| There is certainly evidence that immigration is crowding out native-
| born Americans from STEM jobs. Research on the H-1B skilled worker
| program by Notre Dame professor Kirk Doran and his coauthors offers
| the best evidence of this. If immigrant workers are truly
| exceptional talents that do not displace natives and so stimulate
| the economy as many contend, then the firms that win the H-1B
| lottery each year should increase their employment relative to the
| lottery losers. But Doran and his coauthors found that the firms
| that won the lottery ended up employing fewer workers than the firms
| that lost. For every two H-1B visas the firms won, three other
| workers were crowded out.

Will Trump nominate NASSCOM.IN/AmericaFirstPolicy.COM's Chad Wolf to
succeed Alejandro Mayorkas at DHS.GOV and how much does Amy Swonger
guestimate it will cost to persuade John Cornyn (or John Thune (or
Rick Scott)) to consent?
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"Our media is a shameless, regime-run propaganda machine that is so
untrustworthy, you'd be better off getting your news from a fortune