MEDIA: NYC lawyer admits he gamed immigration system in plea that could force him to pay $16M in restitution

Sujet : MEDIA: NYC lawyer admits he gamed immigration system in plea that could force him to pay $16M in restitution
De : groenveld (at) *nospam* acm.org (John D Groenveld)
Groupes : misc.immigration.usa
Date : 27. Sep 2024, 11:29:15
H/T Breitbart Immigration's Paul Bois,
<URL:https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/09/18/new-york-lawyer-pleads-guilty-immigration-fraud-scheme-faces-10-years/>
see Lachlan Murdoch's guest New York Post blogger, Jorge Fitz-Gibbon,
on whether Donald Trump will nominate Bill Barr to succeed Merrick
Garland at Justice.GOV and whether Barr will offer U visas to aliens
who drop a dime on Treason Bar attorneys:
<URL:https://nypost.com/2024/09/18/us-news/nyc-lawyer-admits-he-gamed-immigration-system-in-plea-that-could-force-him-to-pay-16m-in-restitution/>
| Under the scam, migrants who claimed they were abused could qualify
| to legally travel overseas despite not having legal US residency,
| the feds said. Upon returning, he would claim their "advanced parole
| travel" status qualified them for legal residency more quickly.
|
| He ran the scam out of his Bronx office from September 2016 through
| November. Prosecutors have said most of the client applications were
| eventually rejected.
|
| Amankwaa's staff is also under investigation by the state attorney
| general, while his son, Kofi Amankwaa Jr., still has a pending
| federal case on similar charges.

Has Susie Wiles asked legacy American proles if Amankwaa sparks joy
and has she asked American moms and dads why they won't let their
sons and daughters grow up to be landsharks?
John
groenveld@acm.org
--
"How does someone camp out for 12 hours, waiting for President Trump
to show up at an unscheduled golf game? This story smells fishier