Re: Selected programming for June 29-July 1, 2024

Sujet : Re: Selected programming for June 29-July 1, 2024
De : ijball (at) *nospam* mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 30. Jun 2024, 00:54:36
On 6/29/24 2:45 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

RM: The rest of the week will be posted later tonight.
             Previously released:
  Grey's Anatomy      (all 20 seasons)       (Netflix, June 29)
 https://www.netflix.com/title/70140391
F*** them! - It's been on Hulu/Disney for months!

The Flash     (movie)       (Netflix, June 25)
 2023 film; 2hr 24m.
 https://www.netflix.com/title/81251375
 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0439572/  [rating 6.7]
And this has already been to, what?, Max, and then Prime first?!
F*** Netflix!!

         Saturday, June 29
       Streaming:
  Continental Split      (movie)        (3:01 am, Tubi)
 As the New Madrid Fault threatens to tear the U.S. in half, a desperate team of seismologists and government agents race to prevent disaster while the clock ticks down. Stars Jessica Morris (Cami Weddle), Chris Bruno (Alan Weddle), E.R. Ruiz (Aaron), Joe Kurak (Brett Rothers), Alison Chace (Governor Barber), Allison Gold (Emily Weddle), and Crew Morrow (Eric Weddle). 1 hr 28 min.
 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt29001732/
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOaeA6AzSc
 https://tubitv.com/movies/100024068/continental-split
As per usge, I am quite sure I saw this pop up on Tubi on Friday.
But just starring Jessica Morris tells me all I need to know about this!! (IOW, is this The Asylum at work?!...)

     Broadcast and cable:
  The Killer Inside: The Ruth Finley Story      (movie)      (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
 The tranquil life of Ruth and her husband Ed in Wichita, Kansas, is suddenly turned upside down when Ed suffers a heart attack. As Ed fights for his life in the hospital, Ruth’s starts to receive mysterious threats, leaving her in a state of panic. With the city held hostage by the terror of the BTK killer, Ruth finds herself enveloped in paranoia, convinced that she will be the next victim, as the menacing phone calls escalate into chilling letters. Amidst the frenzy of the police’s pursuit of BTK, Ruth is abducted, sending shockwaves through the community. Yet her sudden reappearance shortly after the kidnapping leaves investigators baffled and scrambling for answers. As suspicion mounts and new evidence comes to light, the authorities entertain the unsettling notion that the perpetrator may be someone intimately connected to Ruth. Stars Teri Hatcher and Tahmoh Penikett.
 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31068688/
 https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/the-killer-inside-the-ruth-finley-story
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRYNfJwSaOo   [interview with Tahmoh Penikett]
Am planning to watch this.

Falling Like Snowflakes       (movie)          (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
 With the grudging help of her ex, Teagan is determined to capture a photograph of the elusive 12-sided snowflake in the local mountains. They soon find themselves seeking safety in the eye of an oncoming storm and making a new and unexpected connection. Stars Rebecca Dalton and Marcus Rosner.
 https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/falling-like-snowflakes
 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt32622618/
I do like Rebecca Dalton (cute as a button!)... But I prefer Rosner when he's playing psychos on Lifetime.

         Sunday, June 30
  Little Girl in the Window      (movie)      (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
 When amateur photographer Iris notices “HELP” scrawled on a dusty window in a picture she took of an old house, she becomes increasingly convinced that the man living there isn’t as mild-mannered as he seems. Stars Mary Antonini and Jean-Paul Najm.
 https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/little-girl-in-the-window
 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt32141050/
 https://play.mylifetime.com/movies/little-girl-in-the-window/preview-little-girl-in-the-window
Will probably watch this, though I am not enthusiastic...

         Monday, July 1
       Streaming:
  Memory         (movie; streaming premiere)         (3:01 am, Paramount+)
 Sylvia is a social worker who leads a simple and structured life. This is blown open when Saul follows her home from their high school reunion. Their surprise encounter will profoundly impact both of them as they open the door to the past. Stars Peter Sarsgaard and Jessica Chastain; 1h 43m.
 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt19864828/    [rating 6.6]
Uh.... Need more information.