Re: TAN: The TUBI! (app)

Sujet : Re: TAN: The TUBI! (app)
De : weberm (at) *nospam* polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 08. Mar 2024, 11:30:47
In article <us58e2$3akun$2@dont-email.me>, ijball@mac.invalid wrote:
On 3/4/24 11:40 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

Tubi has now done the same. This time, I *hate* it.

They've gone from the clean reddish thin logo font on black background to a gaudy horrible yellow "fat" logo font on purple background... Ugh.

You are misspelling it. It now ends with the lowercase I but the dot goes between the T and the U.

I think that's a serif, not the dot of an "i".

No, it's a dot, like lifetimes big red period.

When you launch the app, you get a prolonged animation with it flying
around.  And the dot is missing from the i. In the previous version of the logo, the dot landed on the i at the end of the animation.

Of course, maybe it used to be the i and now it's the crossbar from the "t", but that would be even stupider.

I looked at their website and it's the crossbar on the right side of the
letter, not a seriff on the crossbar.
 But where is the dot from the i?

You are right - it's on the other side of the T's serif.
That's a crossbar. A serif is thelittle curly thing on the end of the crossbar.

IOW, you are right - they've moved the dot from the "i" to be in front of the "t" now.

It's really, really dumb.  >:|
Fer sure. I still keep reading it as "Trubi".
--
Let's go Brandon!