Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-03-07 (Thursday)

Sujet : Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-03-07 (Thursday)
De : arthur (at) *nospam* alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 08. Mar 2024, 18:49:45
On 3/8/2024 6:48 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
On the day of the State of the Union Show, I watched:

What did you watch?
 Hey, thanks for asking!
 I’ve been listening to the malfunctioning, Amazon fire stick, and this is
truly a habit I must break. It recommended:
  Five blind dates.
 OMG this was horrible! Shame on you, Amazon for recommending it.
 Basically a Hallmark format movie with the plucky protagonist who has to
return to her hometown for a wedding and falls in love with a guy she left
behind. Yawn.

You couldn't tell what you were getting from the description?
I watched:
Night Court - After reading Brent Spinner was reprising his famous pre-Star Trek character from Night Court I watched the last two episodes only for Spinner nowhere to be found.  :-(
Imaginary (theatrical) New PG-13 horror movie written and directed by Jeff Wadlow about a woman who moves back into her childhood home with her husband and step children.  The youngest step daughter promptly makes an imaginary friend which happens to be the same evil entity the woman had when she was a child (but forgot about).  This was a very disappointing / underwhelming movie.  For some reason I went into this thinking it was going to be a hard "R" rated movie, but it turned out to be PG-13.  That in and of itself doesn't mean it can't be good horror, but *nothing* happened in this flick until the third act!  Once stuff did finally start to happen, I guess it was OK, but I kept thinking to myself someone wrote a $100 million script and was only given $10 million to film it.  The movie is supposed to be about an entity that feeds on a child's imagination where anything imaginable is possible, yet what we get is essentially a bottle story with a handful of characters and when they finally enter the world of the imagination it's the same handful of characters.  With nothing truly imaginative or elaborate taking place.  The evil entity doesn't count!  This might have worked as a TV movie with lower expectations but for the big screen I expect more.