Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-03-07 (Thursday)

Sujet : Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-03-07 (Thursday)
De : ijball (at) *nospam* mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 08. Mar 2024, 20:56:17
On 3/8/24 8:19 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
On 3/8/24 6:48 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

On the day of the State of the Union Show, I watched:

What did you watch?

Hey, thanks for asking!

I’ve been listening to the malfunctioning, Amazon fire stick, and this is
truly a habit I must break. It recommended:

Five blind dates.

OMG this was horrible! Shame on you, Amazon for recommending it.

Basically a Hallmark format movie with the plucky protagonist who has to
return to her hometown for a wedding and falls in love with a guy she left
behind. Yawn.

The problem is she’s massively unlikable (she won’t carry any popular types
of tea and screams at and throws out and physically assaults customers that
ask for them) and you don’t want her to find love, or make her tea shop a
success.
[snip]

One of her bridesmaids was really hawt and the Amazon suggested I check her
out in BLACKLIGHT. I should’ve known better as she got killed two minutes
into it.

Interesting... It looks like "Blacklight" is one of the recent Liam
Neeson movies I haven't gotten to yet...
 It might be OK but since the girl I liked was literally killed in the
opening scene, I lost interest

Promoted!!  :)
(Except, I might not be able to get it - it looks like it might be
locked up by MGM+... WHICH NOBODY GETS!!)
 I probably have it for another month. It actually got me to watch the last
James Bond movie the other night.
Yeah, that would be one of the few things MGM+ is good for: Bond.
I'm pretty sure I finally got to the last one off... actually, I don't think it was HBO/Max - I think it was Prime Video!!

The Fugitive

The 1963 series. I think I was trying to watch it on Pluto (I really just
need to throw away that app) but they didn’t have the first three episodes
or the last two seasons...
 OK, important question – Are these episodes on Pluto in
low/standard-def? Or are they in HDTV?
 I would say SD based on the fact that the YouTube videos looked a lot
better.

After seeing the remastered Lois & Clark on the Max (and after seeing
SbtB still in low-def on MeTV!!), I can't go back to SDTV!!  ;)
 saved by the bell?
Yep - MeTV runs "Saved by the Bell" on Sunday mornings...  :)