Re: [OT] Canada resumes funding to UNWRA

Sujet : Re: [OT] Canada resumes funding to UNWRA
De : no_offline_contact (at) *nospam* example.com (Rhino)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 09. Mar 2024, 05:50:31
On Sat, 9 Mar 2024 03:05:40 -0000 (UTC)
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

Despite the allegations that several UNWRA employees directly
participated in the atrocities of Oct 7 in Israel and that many other
employees were known supporters of Hamas, Canada has chosen to
restore funding to UNWRA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqYeQjenzQM

The Liberals know no shame. They absolutely HAVE to be defeated
decisively in the next election, beyond any ability to stay in power
even in a coalition of some kind with the other leftist parties. They
need at least a generation in the political wilderness before anyone
should ever even CONSIDER trusting them with power again.
 I was going to post about this.
  https://apnews.com/article/canada-unrwa-gaza-israel-aid-suspended-hamas-1ed2cdb6c9bf293775320c0b2d37d128
 That is one massively corrupt agency that requires elimination for
the good of humanity.
 We know only about the dozen or so Israel caught across the border. We
don't know about the ones in Gaza helping with missile launches or
part of the Hamas command structure.
I am HORRIFIED that Trudeau took this decision. He's beem very low in
the polls for almost a year now and is determined to fight the next
election rather than leaving politics. I can only suspect he's trying to
ensure the Muslim and radical young person vote and is ignoring anything
resembling a moral decision. I think this is going to bite him in the ass - hard. Look at the
comments under the stories about this development. Virtually no one in
this country supports this move. I suspect this may be the final straw
for some Jewish Liberal MPs, particularly Anthony Housefather, who has
been trying to keep the Liberal Party in its traditional position of
supporting Israel. I can well imagine Housefather - and maybe others -
"crossing the floor", i.e. leaving the Liberal Party and either sitting
as independents or outright joining the Conservative Party. Or maybe
he/they will just resign their seats altogether. Of course this is seen as being tantamount to treason by the party that
is losing the member(s) and isn't something that happens terribly
often. I'm not sure how many Liberal MPs support Israel besides
Housefather but if there are enough, it could even mean that the
Liberals plus the NDP don't have enough votes to prevent a vote of
non-confidence. There's a chance this could trigger an election a year
and a half early. Of course, that would be a WONDERFUL outcome. Most of us can't wait
until the next election so we can turf the Liberals and their NDP
enablers. It would be absolutely delicious if this did cause a vote of
non-confidence and cause the government to fall and an early election
to be called. It would be like scoring on your own goal and would make
a fitting end to Trudeau's Reign of Error. --
Rhino