Re: Supermarket Adventures

Sujet : Re: Supermarket Adventures
De : gmsingh (at) *nospam* email.com (trotsky)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 09. Mar 2024, 13:32:00
On 3/4/24 10:43 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:
On 3/3/24 3:31 PM, moviePig wrote:
On 3/3/2024 3:37 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
In article <17b959553b32ceb2$2310$3015764$c0d58a68@news.newsdemon.com>,
   moviePig <never@nothere.com> wrote:

On 3/2/2024 8:25 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
On Sat, 2 Mar 2024 16:57:53 -0500, moviePig <never@nothere.com> wrote:

On 3/2/2024 4:42 PM, trotsky wrote:
On 3/1/24 5:10 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

Yesterday I went to the grocery store-- the same grocery store I
mentioned earlier where the maskhole kept pulling her mask down
to cough. At the self checkout, there were no plastic bags. El
zippo, none, nada, zilch. So I asked the 20-something-ish attendant
if they were out.

He said proudly, "No, sir. Von's is saving the environment and
they've
now banned plastic bags."

I'm a child of the 70s and 80s and I vividly remember when the
environmentalist whackos pushed plastic bags over paper because we
had to save the trees. Then again, that's also when they were
apoplectic about the coming Ice Age and the ozone layer.

Can't these weasels pick one armageddon crisis story and stick
with it?

I have now run out of desk upon which to bang my head.

What an incredibly stupid time in history this is.

Interesting. At Publix they keep pushing people to buy one of their
cloth bags but will otherwise put everything into plastic bags.

Those reusable cloth bags spread disease. When packages food (meat,
vegetables, etc.) leak into the cloth, then goes rancid and you put new
food into the bag on a subsequent trip, you risk all sorts of exciting
varieties of food poisoning.

Ironically, and last I heard, plastic cutting-boards spread germs more
readily than wooden ones.  Accordingly, I figure you're pretty safe with
a cloth bag that you let dry, which plastics bags would seem to resist.

The difference is that you don't reuse a plastic bag, at least not for
food.

(They're great for managing a cat's litter box, I've found.)

They're great for managing a dog's litter lawn, too.

Sure and when they end up in the ocean and kill marine life who cares,
right?
 How the fuck is my cat's poop bag going to end up in the ocean? It goes in
the dumpster, which is then emptied into a truck that takes it to a
landfill. It goes nowhere near the ocean.
Prove it.
If discarded improperly, plastic waste can harm the environment and biodiversity. At least 14 million tons of plastic end up in the ocean every year.
IUCN
Marine plastic pollution - resource | IUCN