Re: Alec Baldwin getting away with murder

Sujet : Re: Alec Baldwin getting away with murder
De : gmsingh (at) *nospam* email.com (trotsky)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 10. Mar 2024, 20:31:21
On 3/8/24 9:27 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
In article <usgcnh$2022l$3@dont-email.me>, FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com>
wrote:

On 3/7/24 5:52 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
In article
<17ba9b03ee0e9624$13863$3298354$c2d58868@news.newsdemon.com>,
   moviePig <never@nothere.com> wrote:

On 3/7/2024 4:40 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
In article <usd4m9$17bvi$1@dont-email.me>, Alan Smithee <alms@last.inc>
wrote:

On 03/07/2024 01:42 PM, EGK wrote:
On Thu, 7 Mar 2024 09:59:02 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

https://deadline.com/2024/03/rust-movie-armorer-guilty-shooting-death-1
23
5847983/

Classic example of shit rolling downhill and our two-tiered justice
system. Baldwin is "loose" with weapons on the set and he fires the
fatal shot but because he hired a young and very inexperienced armorer,
she ends up being the perfect scapegoat.

Did you watch the trial yesterday? She was quoted as saying she could
not be responsible for everyone on the set. Even tho it is her job to be
responsible.

Baldwin should be held accountable, but he will likely walk.

Once upon a time, I spent an afternoon on the CSI:HORATIO set as a
technical advisor (the episode dealt with counterfeit currency and they
took none of my advice regarding how what they were doing wasn't
accurate in any way), and in every scene with guns, as soon as they
yelled cut, the armorer zipped in and took everyone's pistols and put
them on a table over in the corner of the sound stage. He stood watch
over them until the resets were done and they were ready to go again,
then he handed them all back out again.**

(I do not know if there was a separate sunglass wrangler for David
Caruso.)

**The armorer guy went white as a sheet near the end of the day when it
came to his attention that I'd been sitting on set all afternoon with an
actual loaded handgun under my suit coat.

Based on what I saw that day and how firearms are treated on set by a
responsible armorer, Baldwin should never have been playing around with
a gun outside of an actual filmed scene, and certainly shouldn't have
been pointing it at people. What possible reason could he have had for
pointing it at the director and the DP?

Was he not rehearsing a scene that called for him to point the gun at
the camera and then to "fire"? If he was, then I can buy that he did no
worse than most movie actors would've.

Another thing the CSI folks had were dummy guns for such rehearsals. Big
hunks of brightly-colored plastic that are shaped like handguns.

E.g.:

https://www.securityprousa.com/collections/training-guns

They used those for rehearsals and only brought out the real guns for an
actual take. Even in the actual take, only the people whose guns needed
to cycle for realism were given real firearms. Everyone else had black
painted gun replicas that were nothing but solid pieces of plastic. They
looked real on camera but had no ability to shoot anything.

Then go and try THAT case, because it has nothing to do with THIS one.
 It shows that compared to other productions in the same industry, this
movie was playing fast and loose with safety.
Great point: don't play fast and loose on movie sets kids.  There's a t-shirt right there.