Re: As If Being Expected to Tip for Everything Wasn't Bad Enough...

Sujet : Re: As If Being Expected to Tip for Everything Wasn't Bad Enough...
De : nanoflower (at) *nospam* notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 11. Mar 2024, 02:59:22
On Sun, 10 Mar 2024 15:41:00 -0700, Dimensional Traveler
<dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

On 3/10/2024 1:00 PM, shawn wrote:
On Sun, 10 Mar 2024 19:33:48 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

Now the robot at the automated convenience store wants a tip, too.

You go in the store, there are literally no employees anywhere, you pick your
item off the shelf, take it to an available self-checkout register, scan it,
swipe your card, and you're presented with a screen that asks if you want to
leave a tip with various amount choices, starting at 20%.

Leave a tip for who? There are no employees here. Am I tipping the corporation
that owns the store? Because hell no.

Leave a tip for what? No service was provided to me. I did literally
everything myself.

The store is literally just a giant vending machine. I wonder when those are
going to start asking for tips, too.

You are tipping the employees that are restocking the shelves and
those in security watching you on the camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS71sdrfm8U

Saw that back when it was first posted. Too bad we can't do the same
in the USA as they do in most countries and pay everyone a decent
wage.