Re: Biden Ignites Widespread Backlash For Apologizing Over Calling Laken Riley Murder Suspect `Illegal'

Sujet : Re: Biden Ignites Widespread Backlash For Apologizing Over Calling Laken Riley Murder Suspect `Illegal'
De : weberm (at) *nospam* polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 13. Mar 2024, 10:56:13
lcraver@home.ca wrote:

Are you sure he hasn't proven his own case of dementia?

President Joe Biden exhibited a series of memory lapses during his five-hour
interview with Special Counsel Robert Hur, prompting White House lawyers to
rescue him when he could not recall when he served as vice president, when his
son Beau died of cancer, when former President Donald Trump was elected, or
what a fax machine was.

A full transcript [1] of the interview--during which Hur pressed Biden about
his handling of classified documents found in his possession--was released
Tuesday ahead of Hur's testimony on Capitol Hill. It appeared to support part
of the reasoning behind Hur's decision not to prosecute. Hur said when he
first released his report that he believed a jury would find Biden to simply
be too old and forgetful.

At one point during the interview, Biden struggled to recall the term "fax
machine" as he described the layout of his library -- and one of the White
House lawyers bailed him out.

Later in the interview, he brought up the topic of his son Beau Biden, who
died of cancer in 2015 -- but he struggled to recall the date that it happened
even though he appeared to be aware that it was the reason he had not run for
president while he was the outgoing vice president.

Biden: Well, um ... I, I, I, I, I don't know. This is what, 2017, 2018,
that area?

Hur: Yes.

Biden:  Remember, in this timeframe my son is -- either been deployed
or is dying ... And, and so what was happening, though -- what month did
Beau die? Oh, God, May 30

Lawyer: 2015

Biden: Was it 2015 he had died?

Just seconds later, Biden couldn't remember when President Donald Trump was
elected, asking, "Trump gets elected in November of 2017?"

When two people corrected him, noting that Trump was elected in 2016, Biden
seemed confused: "16, 2016, all right, so why do I have 2017 here?"

White House Counsel Ed Siskel jumped in, saying, "That's when you left office."

In addition to forgetting what to call a fax machine a second time, other
questions Biden asked during the proceedings included, "When did I announce
for President?" and, "Well, if it was 2013 -- when did I stop being Vice
President?"

[1]: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/joe-biden/full-text-robert-hur-biden-classified-documents-interview-pdf-rcna142956

--
"In our time, there is still the old ghost of new garments. We all need to
rise and meet the moment".

    -- Joe Biden