Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-03-27 (Wednesday)

Sujet : Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-03-27 (Wednesday)
De : arthur (at) *nospam* alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 28. Mar 2024, 19:10:29
On 3/28/2024 7:17 AM, john wrote:
In article <UBI20240327@dont-email.me>, weberm@polaris.net wrote:

I watched:

THE DARK TRUTH BEHIND SUPERMAN'S GLASSES!:
There have long been discussions as to just how Superman hides the fact that
he is Clark Kent from the world and his friends. Just how can Lois Lane,
Lana Lang, Jimmy Olsen, Perry White and more not glean that he is the Man Of
Steel. Well a Bronze Age comic running with a fan idea submitted by a
superfan attempted to answer just that question. Can this classic DC comics
story satisfy all? Why was it polarising? What does it have to do with The
Spellbinder. Find out all that and more here on Casually Comics!
https://youtu.be/FB5EEfK2-6g?si=-RNVgU9kemVr0EM_
 I've always preferred the idea that he doesn't NEED to try hard to look different simply because no one
thinks super even HAS another identity. They know he's Kal-El from krypton and that he seems to live in his
legendary fortress of solitude. I remember there's a panel where he reveals his identity to the jla and Kyle
Rayner is just stunned. "He doesn't wear a mask... I didn't think he HAD a secret identity". Lex once fired
someone for suggesting superman might be Clark Kent. Because lex can't imagine superman ever choosing to be
perceived as weaker. There's another panel where Clark says that he takes his glasses off all the time. I
mean he's gotta clean them, right? And people point out his resemblance to superman. But of course, he CAN'T
be superman because he's not Kal-El. The whole thing just amuses Clark, he's just as shocked that this works
 Of course, the Christopher reeve argument also helps. Clark and "Kal" ARE very different so even Clark might
sorta resemble Kal, it's not enough for people to imagine it's possible. Because in their minds, it's just
not

Yeah, I see people all the time who look exactly like someone else, except I *know* it's not the same person.  Plus Superman is an alien while Clark, who was born on Earth, and has family and friends back home who can back up his being human.
That being said, I still love this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4Nov7vSkmU
I watched:
Shogun "Chapter Six: Ladies of the Willow World" - Another episode I enjoyed but have no idea how to summarize.  At least I'm enjoying the show.
The Equalizer - "All Bets Are Off" - McCall helps stop an international terrorist organization.  Those street level crimes sure are getting complicated!