Re: TV news for March 24-30, 2024

Sujet : Re: TV news for March 24-30, 2024
De : dtravel (at) *nospam* sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 31. Mar 2024, 02:51:55
On 3/30/2024 3:13 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
 ‘Orphan Black: Echoes’ Gets Premiere Date At AMC & AMC+  (March 29)
 https://deadline.com/2024/03/orphan-black-echoes-premiere-date-amc-krysten-ritter-1235872059/

Finally!

 ‘Earth Abides’: MGM+ Greenlights Limited Series Adaptation Of George R. Stewart Sci-Fi Novel  (March 26)
 https://deadline.com/2024/03/earth-abides-mgm-greenlights-limited-series-adaptation-george-r-stewart-sci-fi-novel-1235868087/
 [" The six-episode limited series will star Alexander Ludwig (Vikings) as Ish; production will begin in Vancouver on April 8. Earth Abides is slated to premiere on MGM+ in late 2024. When a plague of unprecedented virulence sweeps the globe, the human race is all but wiped out. In the aftermath, as the great machine of civilization slowly and inexorably breaks down, only a few shattered survivors remain to struggle against the slide into extinction."]

I get the feeling the only thing this will have in common with the book it the name and an apocalyptic plague.

 ‘The Penguin’: Colin Farrell Calls ‘The Batman’ Spinoff Max Series “Incredibly Violent” & “Really Dark”  (March 25)

I take it as a sign of the decline of Western Civilization that we have so many movies and shows with psychopathic mass-murders being the lead and center of the show or movie.

 Elizabeth Banks & Matthew Macfadyen Headline & EP ‘The Miniature Wife’ Dramedy Series Ordered By Peacock From Media Res  (March 25)
 https://deadline.com/2024/03/elizabeth-banks-matthew-macfadyen-the-miniature-wife-comedy-peacock-media-res-1235867664/
 ["Based on the short story written by Manuel Gonzalez, The Miniature Wife is a high-concept marital dramedy examining the power (im)balances between spouses, Lindy (Banks) and Les (Macfadyen), who battle each other for supremacy after a technological accident induces the ultimate relationship crisis."]

That word salad synopsis it not a good sign.

 ‘Invincible’ Recasts Ezra Miller’s Role In Season 2 Of Prime Video Animated Series  (March 29)

Miller's career was a Flash on the screen.  *ducks and runs*

     The business of TV
  ‘Doctor Who’ Showrunner Says Disney+ Deal Had To Happen As Demise Of The BBC Is “Undoubtedly On Its Way”  (March 28)
 https://deadline.com/2024/03/doctor-who-russell-t-davies-bbc-on-its-way-disney-plus-1235870522/

BBC Commissioned Half Of All UK TV Scripted Shows Last Year, Ampere Research Finds  (March 25)
 https://deadline.com/2024/03/bbc-scripted-research-ampere-analysis-1235867117/

BBC's demise is undoubtedly on its way while it is commissioning half of all UK scripted shows....  Uh huh.
--
I've done good in this world. Now I'm tired and just want to be a cranky dirty old man.