Re: Happy Alhambra Decree Day

Sujet : Re: Happy Alhambra Decree Day
De : suzee (at) *nospam* imbris.com (suzeeq)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 02. Apr 2024, 02:21:14
On 4/1/2024 2:05 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:

. . .

A Jewish friend with an interest in archaelogy once worked on a Roman
dig - I don't recall where beyond it being in Italy - and told me the
Romans viewed Christianity as a mere Jewish sect. That certainly
changed over the following centuries!
 Apostle Paul figured out pretty early on that all you had to do to
become a Christian was accept Jesus as your lord and savior and tossed
out all the studying that goes along with being Jewish.
 Christianity went a different way right from the start. The Romans
didn't get it.
In the very beginnning, you did have to be a jew to become a christian. But as you say, Paul came along and threw out that thinking.