Re: Ping anim

Sujet : Re: Ping anim
De : no_offline_contact (at) *nospam* example.com (Rhino)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 11. Apr 2024, 03:25:50
On Wed, 10 Apr 2024 14:13:43 -0700
BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

In article <n6vd1jd2qfd9fsef700em2pq2c02qvqmko@4ax.com>,

On Wed, 10 Apr 2024 13:36:15 -0700, suzeeq <suzeeq@imbris.com>
wrote:
On 4/10/2024 1:07 PM, shawn wrote:
On Wed, 10 Apr 2024 12:55:54 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
wrote:
In article
<1782814550.734460645.097495.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

Yes, palm trees are everywhere! I have had several. They are
actually rogue. They just appear in your yard one day and then
decades later are 50 feet tall. I have had several removed
because they were too close to the house and were going to
take the roof right off as they pushed on the eaves from
below.

Yes, L.A.'s ubiquitous and signature palm trees are not native
to California, either. They're an invasive species (actually
several species) that people just happen to find attractive for
landscaping.

I've read that palms are also technically not trees. Don't know
if that's true or not.

So it is just like the tumbleweed. We associate the tumbleweed
with the old west and palm trees with Los Angeles/Hollywood and
neither one actually belongs there.

Tumbleweeds are real and they're found all over the West, maybe in
the midwest too. I've seen them and I live more than 1000 from
SoCal.

Sure, they are real. Nobody is discounting that. I was referring to
them being an invasive species. I believe they first came from
Russia and have taken off like crazy. If I'm remembering right they
showed up after the Wild West days which is why I talked about the
general public associating tumbleweeds with the old west when the
tumbleweed showed up after the old west days were gone.

On one of my yearly driving trips from L.A. back to Texas for
Christmas, I was in New Mexico and the wind was really blowing and
suddenly there were thousands of tumbleweeds-- not small ones,
either, some half the size of my 4Runner-- bouncing across the
highway from side to the other all around me, hitting the side of the
SUV, going over the top of it, etc. I couldn't see anything ahead of
me so I just pulled over to wait it out and hoped it didn't last long.

Did they damage your car? I can imagine scratches as they brushed by
your car....

--
Rhino