Re: Goldsmith's "Ave Satani"

Sujet : Re: Goldsmith's "Ave Satani"
De : ahk (at) *nospam* chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 15. Apr 2024, 19:11:00
BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

Last week I was given an assignment from JoAnne Kane Music Prep to engrave
Jerry Goldsmith's "Ave Satani" from THE OMEN for the L.A. Philharmonic to
perform as part of some marketing tie-in to the new OMEN movie that was
recently released.

Now the music software I use (Finale) uses its own proprietary unit of
measurement to define where everything is placed on the page, the margins, the
spaces between notes and staff lines, etc. It's called an EVPU. When I was
done with this piece, I had two out of the twelve pages that totaled an
average measure length of 6.666 EVPUs. I've never had *any* page come out to
that number in any other piece I've ever worked on.

I feel like maybe I need to contact the local parish and have a priest come
over and spiritually cleanse my computer.

Hahahahahahahaha

Goldsmith reached out from beyond the grave to have his little joke.