Re: Medium: Not Enough Black People in SHOGUN

Sujet : Re: Medium: Not Enough Black People in SHOGUN
De : no_offline_contact (at) *nospam* example.com (Rhino)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 15. Apr 2024, 20:20:40
On Sat, 13 Apr 2024 16:49:23 -0700
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
On Fri, 12 Apr 2024 20:24:57 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

Do they not understand one of the key tenets of science is to
discover the truth of how things work and what goes into it.
Starting off with a black woman in a Santa Claus beard pretending
to be da Vinci doesn't sound like any sort of truth I'm aware of.

Well, it gets their pictures in the paper. I haven’t been back
since they pulled that little stunt not even when they had the
traveling Star Trek exhibit.

Strange - I always thought one of the main reasons for the Klingons
in Star Trek was to ensure black actors always got lots of work -
and in later shows beyond TOS enough of the Klingons were 'good
guys' that the 1960s / 70s ancestors of the current DIE crowd were
happy.

No. That’s a lie told by total retard Michael Dorn (Worf) who says
that the reason for Klingons is so they could hire black actors with
nobody knowing. Klingons had been being played by non-black actors
for decades, before somebody hired Dorn.

Correct! Having recently rewatched nearly every episode of ST:TOS
recently - I skipped the really awful ones - it's blindingly
obvious that every one of the people playing the Klingon commanders
(and every lesser Klingon that I can recall too) was white.

Now, there *might* be some truth to the idea that later Star Treks used
more black actors as Klingons so that they could increase their count
of black actors; I really couldn't say about that.
--
Rhino