Re: Cops with a lot of money on TV

Sujet : Re: Cops with a lot of money on TV
De : suzeeq (at) *nospam* imbris.com (suzeeq)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 23. Apr 2024, 23:25:41
On 4/23/2024 1:17 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
suzeeq <suzeeq@imbris.com> wrote:
On 4/23/2024 10:04 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
suzeeq <suzeeq@imbris.com> wrote:
On 4/23/2024 8:53 AM, David Lesher wrote:

Doesn't anyone remember "Burke's Law.."?
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056745/

He was a PI, not a cop.

He was Captain Amos Burke, of LA homicide.

Okay, but maybe he inherited it. Or he was the crookedest cop ever....
 I've heard of it but never saw it. I've never read an explanation of
where the money came from. My guess is that Bat Masterson invented off
shore holdings and, thanks to the magic of compounding interest over the
decades, he had access to this vast fortune.

Yeah, that sounds like it could be the thing.
I was in midteens when it first aired, so only vaguely remember it.