What Did You Watch? 2024-04-27 (Saturday)

Sujet : What Did You Watch? 2024-04-27 (Saturday)
De : ijball (at) *nospam* mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 28. Apr 2024, 18:00:09
I did nothing yesterday (and liked it!). I should have gotten work stuff done, but I didn't! And if I was not going to do stuff, I should have watched a new movie... but I didn't!
So I got through odds-and-ends, mostly trying to tackle my backlog of soaps, among other things:
soaps: GH - Wed's & Thur's ep. In Wed's ep, Josslyn has a good venting session with Jason, while NuKristina has a venting session with NuNuNuMolly about "Josslyn's lies" about Sonny, but Molly can't reveal that she knows Josslyn's claims are actually true. Meanwhile, Gregory has a scary episode with his ALS, and Chase and Brook Lynn consider cancelling the wedding, but Gregory (and Tracy!) won't hear of it! In Thur's episode, Nina catches Kristina up on Ava's treachery. Meanwhile, Jason goes to Sonny to warn him that going after Dex would be a mistake, but Sonny seems incapable of hearing it. Ava warns Laura not to let Trina get too close to Ace.
    DOOL - Wed's ep. Still not finding Clyde's ledger, Ava V. and Harris Michaels decide they will have to break into the Bistro restaurant to find it. Kristen, still tasked with finding Li Shin's real killer, visits Wendy to pump her for info. Fragile Wendy pretty much falls apart after, so Tripp offers to go on a trip to Hong Kong with her (are these two being written out?...). I'm pretty sure that Stephanie came face-to-face with "Bobby Stein" (twice!) and is obviously sure that something weird is going on - meanwhile Bobby seems to be playing games with Jada.
Night Court (Peacock) - "Taught and Bothered" (ep. #2.9). A pretty damn mediocre episode in which they introduce Abby's new love interest (Ryan Hansen) - Hansen's character is a city HR trainer who disrupts Abby's workplace "family" with his ideas on proper coworker professionalism. If there was a 'B' storyline in this one, I don't even remember it. The only bright spot in this episode was that Flobert was in it.
I then watched Rambo III on one of the Showtimes - very timely as it's one of the most "anti-Russian" (accurate!) films ever made, so it's completely topical right now!!
Hey did you know that both Rambo II and Rambo III have been released on 4k Blu-ray?! Hey, so has "Kindergarden Cop"! (just this year!!)  :)
A Chef's Deadly Revenge (Lifetime) - This was a pretty good cat-and-mouse thriller.
    Finally, a movie embraces the "stalk your stalker!" conceit, but unfortunately doesn't go far enough with it...
    Kathryn Kohut plays a chef and new restaurateur who starts being stalked by a pretty creepy dude (Tomas Chovanec). His motivation is revealed later. But Kohut's character looks into it, and quickly tracks down the dude's oblivious wife (Bridget Wareham) in a "turnabout is fair play" sort of way.
    An escalating series of stalking events ensues!!
    I didn't find the ending altogether satisfying, or well-written (wouldn't Kohut's character no longer be a suspect after the stalker attacks her bestie (Chelsea Muirhead)?!...) I was really hoping that Kohut's character would completely lose it, and kill the stalker dude instead!
    Still, this was a decent, and relatively "dark" (for Lifetime), cat-and-mouse thriller.
What did you watch?