Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-02 (Thursday)

Sujet : Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-02 (Thursday)
De : arthur (at) *nospam* alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 03. May 2024, 17:51:10
On 5/3/2024 6:06 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
On 5/3/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:

After a good workout, I watched:

Have you seen BIRDEMIC??? (PART 1):
Birdemic Review - PART 2
https://youtu.be/m5cnlC_xmaQ?si=wwNUsk6FAGssKA5n
https://youtu.be/zyFOtVl68Qg?si=CeG7FcXeJq3Mp0F5
 If they are talking about the original from 2010, I am aware it exists...

What did you watch?
 Another long workday, and I was so tired I went to bed early. So all I got through was:
 DOOL - Wed's ep. As predicted, Chanel is preggers, not radioactive - but Kayla points out that Paulina irradiated an early first-trimester fetus with her antics, so it's anyone's guess as to whether Chanel is currently carrying a healthy fetus or a fish baby!... Who didn't see this coming?! - Chad hires Eric to "freelance" for the paper, and immediately assigns Eric and Nicole to work together. Leo gets a "Dear John/Leo" letter from Dmitri, who has dumped Leo's ass for another! (Thank Gawd! that means we will be spared a return engagement from Dmitri!) Before that, Leo considers selling what he knows to EJ (throwing Sloan under the bus, after she just pleaded with Leo to keep his mouth shut!). EJ's assistant encourages him to bury the hatchet with Paulina, but EJ is outraged when Paulina curtly blows him off (in her defense, Paulina was in the hospital with Chanel at the time).
 I saw the last half of "Wheel" - I easily got the final puzzle, but the contestant choked (both in letter selection, and in solving it).
 I then put L&O on as background - as Adam alluded to in the separate thread, it involved the father of an adorable little deaf girl, that Camryn Manheim's character took a shine to, being arrested for MUR-DER! But I couldn't tell you what else was going on.
 That was it.
 What did you watch?

I watched:
Star Trek: Discovery (Paramount+) - "Whistlespeak" - I just don't know what to say about this one.  Filler I guess.  This is a season long arc to once again save the Federation.  Destiny seems to do that every season.  Anyway with life as they know it at stake their mission takes them to a pre-warp civilization, that conveniently all look human, so they can beam down.  Then they seamlessly blend in, then they figure forget it, break the prime direction anyway.  Honestly, I wouldn't mind it if they just pulled a Kirk and straight up said screw the Prime Direction from the start.  That probably would have made a much better episode anyway.  I also have to mention David Cronenberg's character. His character is a mystery wrapped in an enigma.  Dude wears *glasses* and a tie.  Keep in mind this is about 1,300 years in the future.  Even in Kirk's time glasses were odd.  But this episode he pulls out a yellow legal pad then makes a point to say it's not replicated, it's an original from the 21st century because he likes the feel of real paper. Wait, how in the world did that pad survive 1,300 yeas in *mint* condition?!?  If his character doesn't turn out to be a time traveler, I want my money back!
Chucky - "Final Destination" - Season 3 (and maybe series?) finale. They went out with a bang with this one!  Where to even begin?  At the beginning...The episode opens with Jennifer Tilly (Tiffany) about to be executed when she manages a prison break.  A *lot* of bodies dropped during that escape!  Then moving on to the White House, I don't want to get into spoilers, but let's say Chucky escape leaving a trail of bodies behind him.  This episode played out with just everything going Chucky's way.  If this is the end of the show, then it wrapped up with a win for Chucky.  If it comes back next season, they've dug a huge whole for the heroes to get out of.  But I did notice Andy hasn't been around for a while.  I'm pretty sure he's still alive, although I don't recall what happened to him.  So he should still be out there to save the day if the show comes back for season 4.
Law & Order - "Castle in the Sky" - A homeless man and his daughter are squatting in a penthouse and when the real owner shows up one night he winds up dead.  Fortunately for the man his daughter can alibi his self defense claim.  Doesn't the defense have to reveal that defense ahead of time?  Doesn't matter, this is Law & Order.  Unfortunately for the man the writers are on the DA's side so they concoct a convoluted way for the guy to be convicted anyway.  I was half rooting for the guy to not be convicted.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit - "Prima Nocta" - Team SVU spring into action when a string of women are raped on the night before their weddings.  And I guess Amanda Rollins is back on the show.  I'm not at all sure why she was temporarily written out in the first place.  I'm guessing something to do with the actress.
Welcome to Wrexham - "Welcome to the EFL" - Season 3 premier.  Now that the team is in a better league they have to go up against much better teams.  And it shows.