Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-03 (Friday)

Sujet : Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-03 (Friday)
De : ijball (at) *nospam* mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 04. May 2024, 18:01:27
On 5/4/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:

What did you watch?
I didn't get as much work done as I would have liked, but I did OK. After running errands, I came home, and watched a soap, and a Lifetime movie:
soaps: GH - Wed's ep. TJ is doing a good job of making even NuKristina look good in comparison (and I don't even like NuKristina, esp. in comparison to FormerKristina (Lexi Ainsworth)!), by acting like a whiny, unreasonable bitch. Drew pitches Curtis a new job opportunity, which Curtis ultimately accepts, but only after Nina warns him off it (and Drew!). Booby Vista's character continues to be completely awful - in this one she alienates Alexis (though, admittedly, Alexis is easy to alienate!). Maxie pretty much puts her foot down, and with Scott Baldwin's help (I thought Kin Shriner said he was off the show again, but that was months ago!?!), tells Lucy she can't be Deception's spokesperson (like, *duh*!).
Our Mother's Secret Affair - I recorded this off LMN on Thursday night, but I was too tired to watch it then, so I saved it for Friday night.
    This was a decent enough mystery-thriller, though I sussed out who was behind the thugwoman going after the mom (Ashley Leggat) pretty early on. Though the film tried its darndest to throw at least 3 or 4 viable suspects at us as to who the ringleader after the mom was.
    This is Ashley Leggat's first Lifetime flick in about a decade. She still looks relatively good, but, yeah - she can't pass for the ingenue anymore. But it's also a lot to swallow seeing her playing the mom of *two teens* (Leggat is 37, apparently, so this math barely works, if at all!) - she's not that old!
    The two daughter actresses (Laura Afelskie and Laura Provenzano) were OK, though I wish we'd seen more of the sulky "secret daughter" (Provenzano) rather than the boring "good daughter" (Afelskie).
    I did like that the thugwoman (Andrea Pavlovic) going after the mom was perennially incompetent - that part seems true-to-life!
    P.S. The guy writing this clearly knows *nothing* about cars!! Hint: Putting bleach in the gas tank doesn't cause the brakes to fail!!
What did you watch?