Re: The Gentrification Two-Step

Sujet : Re: The Gentrification Two-Step
De : dtravel (at) *nospam* sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 04. May 2024, 18:11:24
On 5/4/2024 5:45 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
"Fuck you, white people. Stop gentrifying our neighborhood. Get out."

Wealthy neighborhood in Baton Rouge: "Fine. We'll just create our own town."

"How dare you!! We need your taxes!!"

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1786075355687665664/pu/vid/avc1/480x270/XAyNRKBR17qHysc2.mp4?tag=12

 This is the same kind of crap that the city of Peoria tried to pull on
retirement community Sun City West when my dad was running it. They didn’t
like that a retirement community didn’t vote for school taxes so they tried
to set it up so Sun City West wouldn’t have a vote anymore but would still
have to pay the taxes Peoria voted for. The lying psychotic asshole
political cartoonist, Steve Benson, then depicted Sun City West people in
their golf carts, screaming kill all the children. We hate the children and
running them down in the streets because that’s a fair representation of
what was happening. (Note, sarcastic voice.

There a hubbub here in California because some billionaires have bought up a big chunk of undeveloped land and are planning a billionaires only city.
I'm thinking "gated community" is soon going to refer to something like the medieval European walled and fortified city.
--
I've done good in this world. Now I'm tired and just want to be a cranky dirty old man.