Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-05 (Sunday)

Sujet : Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-05 (Sunday)
De : nanoflower (at) *nospam* notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 06. May 2024, 19:49:49
On Mon, 6 May 2024 08:09:57 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
On Cinco de Mayo, I watched:

What did you watch?

TRACKER  “Beyond the Campus Walls“

The show has given up on naming episodes after cities.

A member of the janitorial staff at a college hasn’t heard from her son a
grad student in almost 2 days so tracker is on the case. It seems
incredibly unlikely that she could afford to pay his fee much less Panic
and locate him and get him there in under 48 hours.

They never mentioned how much he was being paid for that job. It's
entirely possible he was only an hour or two away when he heard about
this case. So even if it only paid a $1000 or it wouldn't be that big
a deal. Plus there was the added benefit of his sister working there
(which is likely the main reason he took the job.)

Trackers hot sister happens to work there so he sort of spends some time
sort of reconnecting with her because after all the missing kid isn’t a
priority. She keeps asking why she hardly ever hears from him and the
answer seems to be because he’s an uncaring dick.

Yeah, apparently his time with his dad and what happened with his
brother left him disconnecting from everyone.

So all kinds of weird stuff surrounds the missing grad student, including a
lame couple who make their living, getting people to pay them to troll
other people on the Internet, which could explain a lot about RAT.  Along
the way there are sex dungeons and people foraging data about outside
funded university programs.

Yeah, I didn't get how those pics were going to get the college
student to go along with them. I mean he supposedly got himself a hot
woman who was into kinky stuff would just enhance his stance in
college.

Big stupid abounds.  Sister texts tracker where and when for their dinner
and gets a confirmation reply from him and yet because he’s busy sitting in
his trailer waiting to hear about a clue he manages to completely forget
about it.

Just shows how he ignores everything not involving his work.

The big bad who telegraphed himself in the very first scene at the college
doesn’t want to kill the missing kid, but the little bad does so the big
bad murders the little bad in cold blood to keep from having to kill
anybody and then drags the kid away because I have no fucking idea what his
plan was.

At that point I don't think he was thinking clearly. Not sure he ever
was.

Siblings talk about their mother, but go back-and-forth between past and
present tense Like they aren’t sure if she’s alive or not, but apparently
they are both sure the other brother is alive so we’ll get more family
drama, which is the worst part of the show.

Agreed. I'm not clear on if the mother is alive or not after that
convo. Perhaps the writers aren't sure so they intentionally left it
murky.

The black computer expert guy gets one unbelievably stupid scene where
tracker gets the little bad’s cute wife to give up their password so they
can send a text message to the big bad that says “I have the evidence meet
me” but instead of just letting her send it they have the computer expert
guy remotely forge her account and send it for her. Why?  And then they
forget completely about her character at the end, even though she should be
doing a long stretch in prison.

That felt like the computer guy needed to hit a certain number of
lines or screen time so they gave him that filler scene.

There’s another incredibly stupid scene where tracker asks the missing kid
how he’s doing even though it’s the same evening and tells him he’s about
to get good news and the kid gets an update from his mother about them
putting the big bad away forever, even though this is like an hour later,
and apparently the kid who is the witness and the only witness to the
murder Hasn’t even been talking to the police. His mother has instead. What
the hell?

Time works differently in the world of the TRACKER. So the mom can
know what is happening with the bad guy while still talking to the
Tracker and her son about what happened that day. She lives in the
future and the current day at the same time.

There were ads for Tom Selleck on CBS mornings which I’m watching right now
and is painfully awful. The lesser Natalie Morales looks like she’s in one
of those ads for uncontrolled mouth twitching. And ads for the end of NCIS
Oahu, which I set to record although I’m sure they won’t do anything in the
way of a finale.  And ads for NCIS baby Gibbs, where they only show stock
footage of Mark Harmon from behind. Again, what the hell? He’s obviously
associated with the show since he’s narrating it.  “You’ve seen how his
story ends now see how it begins!“  I guess he’s never coming back from
Alaska.

The greater Natalie Morales is still on GRAY'S ANATOMY and seems
likely to be there going into next season. As she's the main surgeon
on the show who works on kids in addition to Camilla Luddington's
character. Dub Dub is still awaiting Fred's call.